Are you starting a new company or buy an existing company that produces services or goods?

Our Immigration Attorneys have successfully represented clients around the world and have extensive experience helping clients in investor Visa matters.

The investor must:

  1. Have invested, or be in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital (usually $100,000, but maybe $80,000 or more) in a U.S. company, either by purchasing an established company or establishing a new one (the investor must place capital, including funds and/or other assets, at commercial risk with the goal of making a profit; risk means subject to partial or total loss if the investment fails); the company must be a commercial enterprise that produces services or goods;
  2. Becoming to the U.S. to develop and direct the company (50% + ownership or managerial position giving operational control); and
  3. Show that the investment funds were directly obtained from a lawful source (e.g. earned, inherited, etc.).

Additional information:

  1. Visa is for two years, and can be indefinitely renewed in two-year increments, as long as the company is in operation; and
  2. Spouse and unmarried children under 21 can obtain dependent E-2 status.